Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

Chevrolet Trailblazer LS: chev trailblazer wont grank was

chev trailblazer won't grank was find until last night it wouldn't going in to park last night
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

Set the park brake and move the shifter to the Park position. Then go under the drivers side of the vehicle and look at the side of the transmission. There you will see the shift lever with the cable end. You will likely find the cable end detached. If you do, move the shift lever all the way forward, then snap the cable end back into place. This should allow you to start the vehicle and then shift into gear to drive the vehicle. This will not be a lasting repair, expect the cable end to come loose again. For a lasting repair, either replace the shift cable, or install a low cost cable end repair kit like this one: CLICK HERE.

If the cable end is attached and you have other problems, let me know and we can proceed with further diagnosis.

Dave

Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience: ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

ck trailblazer out .cable appears pop out from pin lever on transmission braket. the retanger plastic block has a pull and lock pin .would replace of this part be better than the one show for repair because the pin is on the side of braket.
cable end repair kit like this one: CLICK HERE.

The existing pin has to be removed from the bracket (cut or grind off) then a new hole drilled through the bracket to install the new pin with the locking clip. This repair is fairly simple and will last virtually forever. The alternative would be to replace the entire shifter cable which can be very expensive for the parts and labor.

Dave

Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician