Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet camaro rs: Hi I have a 92 chevy camaro rs and I need

Hi I have a 92 chevy camaro rs and I need to replace the fuel pump. I asked a mechanic here earlier today if I could cut the trap door access and replace the fuel pump that way instead of dropping everything from underneath. He said it was fine so I cut the access door. Fuel pump is there. the only problem now is on the later models the 4 fuel lines are mostly rubber hoses so you just detach them with a flathead and your good to go. but on the 92 camaro the fuel lines are metal all the way down around the tank until they are underneath it at which point they turn into the rubber fuel lines. because of the angle, I actually can't pull the fuel lines out around the tank without dropping it.

my question: can I cut the fuel lines up top and replace them with rubber fuel lines. they turn into rubber fuel lines about 10 inches later anyway and on the newer models they ARE rubber fuel lines up top. I would basically make the fuel lines on the 92 look like they do on a 95. this will shave hours off my job. not usually looking for the easy way out I just have to get this working within a couple days or i lose it and I'm broke so I can't take it to a mechanic.
hi
you could replace it with good rubber fuel hose...but,,i must say,,this is not the correct way of replacing the pump..but it will work
thanks

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button so I can get credit for my work,, the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP