Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

GM: 2001 chevy impala 3.8 was to replace the intake manifold

2001 chevy impala 3.8 was to replace the intake manifold gasket because its leaking water on the heater passage plastic pipe. and found a pool of oil on intake manifold by the alternator side and another half full by the thermostat,its somebody there knows whats cause these and what i need to do to fix it thank you joe.
hi Joe
did you replace the intake gaskets?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i just remove the intake but before i put it back i need to know what do i need to do to prevent or beter said why its all that oil there

can you tell by looking at the old gasket if it was leaking in that area?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok the oil its betewen the plenum and intake manifold like it was suck there tru a litle vent plastic pipe that its clip into the plenum gasket and its insertit into a sensor that its at the front of the engine close to the bak of the alternator thank you joe

yes...the gaskets should fix all your troubles here..there is nothing else there

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button so I can get credit for my work,, the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP