Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years

Chevrolet small bock chevy: I am rebuilding a small block chevy

I am rebuilding a small block chevy engine. I am getting ready to replace the heads after a valve job and new roller lifters. I have the info on how to preset the lifters but have the following 2 questions:

what is the correct torque for the head bolts

the new head gaskets are the same set-up as the old ones yet the old ones had water holes that are smaller than the water holes in the head. Summit tells me that in some cases the gasket makers say they make the holes smaller to increase the water pressure. However, a couple of the holes on each head had quite a bit of rust build-up that restricted most of the hole. Should I use them as they are or enlarge the holes to allow more water flow?
hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you.

75 lbs on the heads.

I would use them as they are. more circulation is needed in the back of the block as it is the hottest part.