George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years

chevy silverado: 93 Chevy Silverado, how can I test fuel p

93 Chevy Silverado, how can I test fuel pump?

Hello I will help you with your question,

The second best way to check the pump is to put a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel pressure test port on the fuel delivery line and energize the pump by supplying 12 volts and ground to the pump. You may need to check directly at the pump connector to be sure it has power and ground but generally the pump will be turned on for 2 seconds when the key is turned to the run position.

Please let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

which wires on the pump relay are power and ground?

The #30 and #87 on the pump relay provide power when bridged together with a paperclip. You will want to check that there actually is 12 volts on the paperclip then the pump connector has a black wire that is connected to the frame for ground. If you unplug the pump connector with the relay bridged with the paperclip and measure between the black wire and the grey you should see battery voltage. If you do the pump should be running and you should have pressure at the test port.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you