ASEMaster35yrs
ASEMaster35yrs, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified since 1972,Master Auto tech,Heavy Truck Tech ,chev dealer tech

Chevrolet: Just put in hydro booster in 2001 gmc 2500 hd 6.0

Just put in hydro booster in 2001 gmc 2500 hd 6.0 and brake pedal stays to floor tried bleeding power steering no difference. Brake pedal does not want to come back up
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ASEMaster35yrs replied 11 months ago.
Hi, glad to be of help. Why did you replace booster? Did it do this before you replaced booster or only after replacement?

Your new booster is defective. Replace under warranty. How does the brake pedal feel with engine off?

Here is a typical hydro-boost diagram:

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Brake system 2001 GMC,XXXXXext. cab.

Problem: passenger side front brake keeps locking up, truck has had all four calipers and pads replaced. Brake booster assembly has been replaced, brakes have been bled, same caliper keeps locking up.

Thx

Expert:  ASEMaster35yrs replied 10 months ago.
Replace your front brake hoses. The problem points to RF brake hose but whenever replacing front brake parts it is recomended to replace both sides for even braking. Check for any damage to brake line that feeds RF and repair or replace as necessary. Check rotors for runout & thickness and check caliper slides.
ASEMaster35yrs, Chevy Technician
Experience: ASE Certified since 1972,Master Auto tech,Heavy Truck Tech ,chev dealer tech
Thank you for your positive feedback. Thank you for using just answer.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
All of the suggestions given have not worked. I've taken it to the mechanic three times and have had them work on what you suggested. One mechanic said it may be an issue connected to some spring in the front right brake. Could you offer more help as I'm going to take it into the mechanic again.

You need to check for ABS codes and do an electronic bleed with scanner. There is no spring in the right front brake other than the disc hardware that holds inner pad to caliper piston. This will not cause the problem you mentioned. You will need a bi-directional scanner with ABS functions such as Tech2. The big round seal inside the caliper is what retracts piston with brake pedal released. For only the right front brake to be engaged there has to be pressure in that line to that wheel only or caliper piston on that wheel is not retracting. There is a restiction in that line or piston seal is not doing the job it was intended. Check rotor runout & thickness. Check master cylinder reservoir rubber seal for swelling. If RF caliper is not releasing, the rotor will become warped. Did you replace the front brake hoses?