BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

chevy silverado: i have a 05 chevy silverado ss with hypertech

i have a 05 chevy silverado ss with hypertech program i try to go back to my stock settings and it just show error o code E7 what can i do to fix it

BOBBYSS :

Hello, and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help you. If I am not online when you are, please allow me time to return. Can you tell me if the check engine light is on inside of the vehicle?

Customer:

No the truck es running good I just want to removed to install an other program but i can't

BOBBYSS :

What you need to try first is see if the programmer will reinstall the Hypertech performance settings. It sounds like the calibration was corrupted. See if it will take the programming for performance and then try to turn it to stock again. If it still does not then your programmer may need an update from Hypertech.

Customer:

I already try that and I can't change the setting in the programmer is like get lock or something

BOBBYSS :

Then this is a programmer problem. I do not know if you have any free updates from Hypertech but you should be able to call them and get the programmer updated. Also make sure that the battery in the truck is not low as that will cause this to happen also.

Customer:

I have two battetys I don't think that's the problem but I will call hypwrtech to see what happen

BOBBYSS :

Okay. Keep me informed if you need more help.