ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT: Attempting to jump start 2010 Suburban.

Attempting to jump start 2010 Suburban. Appanprantly cross connected and knocked out all power. Battery shows to have 13.8 volts. Is ther a fuse I might have tripped?
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your problem. If there is no power at all this vehicle has a 175 amp fuse near the battery positive cable so I would check that to start. Let me know if you have more questions on this I am always willing to help, Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The fuse is bad. I'm in the middle of nowhere in Arkansas. Can I temporarily bypass this fuse to get to civilization by connecting the two power supply cables to the post on the upstream side of the fuse?
Sorry for the wait, I am having Internet issues. Yes that would work but that would need to be a pretty heavy wire because that is a 175 amp fuse.