Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

I have a 2000 chevy suburban 1500 and having problems with

I have a 2000 chevy suburban 1500 and having problems with brakes, we have change bearings brake pads caliper, brake fluid, and bleed the brake lines. when you try to stop the last few seconds the brakes catches make this awful noise and then goes to the floor like they have air in the line. the abs light does not come on or when hooked up no code appears to say what might be wrong. any suggestions
These vehicles had a problem with rust building up under the front wheel sensors and causing erratic readings at low speeds. There was a recall for it in the salt states for many years and models. It might be worth having the dealer run your VIN number to see if your vehicle is covered. If it is not the fix is easy. The wheel sensors have to be removed, the surface under them sanded clean, and then greased up a little to help keep the corrosion away. Once the sensors are reseated the problem should stop.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ted,
I'm sorry I haven't got back to you I have been real busy with my husband taking chemo and so my brother has not been able to have the car to do the work, to know if that fixes it. Will try to get it to him this weekend and get back with you.
Thanks,
Carol

Oh gee, all the best to you and your husband Carol. Let me know how it goes when he gets to it.