ClayA, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ten years experience, ASE Master and Advanced Level Specialist certifications. 2006 Winner National Ford/AAA Student Auto Skills

Chevrolet Silverado 1500: I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado. I

I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado. I had 125,000 miles on it and my antifreeze was getting into my oil so I had a remanufactured engine installed by the Chevy dealer. After the new engine was installed, I started experiencing the truck shaking or jerking between 45 mph and 58 mph. It does not jerk below or above those speeds. The jerking is not constant but it happens once or twice each time I am in that range of speed. It seems to be worse when I am going up a slight incline. The dealer says no codes are coming up and the dealer thinks it might be the torque converter. Do you think the torque converter is the problem and do you think something was done or damaged when the old engine was removed and the remanufactured engine installed?
It is very possible it is the torque converter lock up clutch. The clutch locks up around these speeds and can cause a shudder or shaking. If it was engine related you would probably have a code for a misfire.