Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

Chevrolet Camaro Z28: 1999 z/28 convertible, a/c not cooling,

1999 z/28 convertible, a/c not cooling, checked freon showed 30psi on the low pressure side, compressor runs constantly ( not cycling at all ) engine fans run anytime the a/ c is turned on,, accumulator not cold at All however just on the engine side of firewall lines are cold but are warm rite about where the lines make their connection to go into the firewall,, any ideas ?? Maybe the high pressure switch ??
Welcome,

We really need a high pressure reading to be able to trouble shoot this. Can you get a set?

Some parts stores like Autozone will loan you a set for free with a deposit.

Let me know please.

LJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay but that will be after work i was afraid id need that iLL get back with you asap probly about 6pm or later though
Thats fine Sam. When you reply i get an email notification sent to my cell phone so i can get back to you as soon as i can.

Once you have them hooked up, start it up and with the AC on max, record both readings so i know where we stand.

LJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay i understand,, ill get them to you asap
Ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok sir i cant find any gauges tonite , it will be about 10 am before they have a set returned ,, can i send you the pressure readings then ?? I hope so ,, thanks for bearing with me
Sure, that's fine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay thank you for promptin me to get the gauges, system was alittle low but i couldnt tell without the high side reading!! Ive got 35 on the low and 250 on the low with 82 degrees ambient temp and 57 degrees coming out of the vents not perfect i know but its a 1999 and just had its first ever freon about 16 ounces thank you mucho and im never too old to learn !!!! After driving for a few miles i have 45 degrees out the vents !! Im very happy now thank you
Hi Sam,

Thats what i thought. I dont like those so called recharge kits because it only shows the low side and the high side is much more accurate to determine the charge state.

Good job!

Please remember to rate my assistance today and just let me know if you have any further questions. If not, thanks for asking!

LJ