Neal, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Owner and Mechanic on multiple makes.

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LS: I have a 2001 chevy Silverado

I have a 2001 chevy Silverado with 203000 miles on it the only things I have done to it are replacing the fuel pump and the spark plugs besides regular maintenance on the 5.3 liter engine should I be expecting any thing like the timing chain or anything else
Hello I'm Neal and I am here to help resolve your issue. If I cannot help I will opt out and refer your question to another expert.

That chain and the gears are generally good for the life of the engine. But the chains will stretch, though you will not notice any change. It is really up to you if you want to change it. It is certainly not a bad idea over 200k but it is very unlikely that it will fail. Replacing it will alleviate the remote possibility of sudden failure but will not really do much for performance or anything otherwise.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do intend on keeping this truck for a long time and was just curious about life expectancy of this engine or the major drivetrain components

I you plan on keeping it on the road as long as possible, I would go ahead and do the chain and gears. If you take good care of it and there are no unusual unavoidable failures, you can go over 300k with no problem and likely 400k. The most likely major repair would be rebuilding the transmission at some point if you have not already. And of course as the mileage goes up you can expect small repairs to pop up more often.