ClayA
ClayA, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ten years experience, ASE Master and Advanced Level Specialist certifications. 2006 Winner National Ford/AAA Student Auto Skills
74704726

Chevy Aveo: 06 Chevy Aveo. A/C compressor clutch on all the

06 Chevy Aveo. A/C compressor clutch on all the time. Blows hot air. Put on a A/C machine, was low on freon. ran vacuum, no leaks. recharged. Low Side pressure very high (around 100) high side was around 120. Did not notice any changes in gauges when car was running. The only thing I can think of is that the A/C compressor is not working. Does this sound right?
If the clutch is engaged and the pressures are 100psi and 120psi. Then the compressor is not pumping freon.

I would recommend replacing the compressor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think over a period of 3 to 4 months the A/C had been steady getting worse and worse. Is it common of A/C compressors to wear down like that?

It can take a while sometimes for them to quit pumping. The metal in inside slowly starts to wear away until it quits. However, other time it all comes apart at once. You just never really know what causes it but it does happen.

I would recommend flushing the system and replacing the compressor and drier.