Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Chevrolet 1988 corvette: code 36 comes up replaced maf light

code 36 comes up replaced maf light went out for awhile and then it come back on. It isn't running very good it bogs
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. This is a common problem caused by a failed Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Burn Off Relay. The burn off and power relays have been updated to part number 14089936. To test before replacing Start the engine until in closed loop. Use a Digital Volt Ohm Meter (DVOM) and back probe at pin D12, the Black wire at the Electronic Control Module (ECM). Shut the engine off and check the voltage. Within about 5 seconds after shutting the engine off, the ECM should ground the wire and turn on the burn off relay. At this time there should be B+ at the Blue and Purple wires at the MAF sensor for a second, if not replace the relay. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

were is the ECM and the Burn off Relay located

Here are pictures of both, let me know if you have questions or run into questions. Thanks George.