Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevy Silverado: Had a multiple,random misfire Changed plugs,

Had a multiple,random misfire Changed plugs, wires intake gasket valve cover gaskets, fuel pressure regulator,coil packs, fuels injectors and fuel filter Still idles up and down and reads misfire This is on a 2002 Chevy Silverodo 2500HDXXXXX8.1 Please help
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
hi
is the 300 code the only code you get?
does it seem to run well?
tell me all you can
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there were more codes it read 1 of 9 it starts right up it just doesn't idle smooth it idles up and down like it wants to cut out I didn't try to take it down the road

how and when did this problem begin?
what were the other codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it was a month ago it just happened all the sudden that's what surprised me i haven't been driving it i trying to call the one who read all the codes

so
you replaced all coils?,,the wires? intake gakets and the plugs?sense this problem began?
we need those codes if you can get them,,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, even fuel pressure regulator and fuel filter and injectors I'm trying to get ahold of the guy who has the scanner no answer I'm sorry

thats fine,,just reply bwhen you get them
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX them for me now. The crank shaft censor was replaced about 6 years ago if that helps. the codes are Po300,po351, po352,po353,po354,po355,po356,po357 and po358 I hope this helps you

hi
sense we get the 300 missfire code and a code for each coil,,,,
i think you may need to replace the crank sensor once again,,but,,the problem here may be the computer itself..im going to give you some tests/checks for the 358,,it is the same as the others but for the different seven cylenders..

please copy and paste the link below to your browser..i have uploaded more info on this there

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8nu7b5ojhe6qpc/0721-chevy-8.1-CIRCUIT%20DESCRIPTION.doc

.

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button so I can get credit for my work,, the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tim Just found out that three of the coil packs i replaced are no good thanks for your help

that is strange to have 3 new ones bad..
i am glad you got it going
thanks for using justanswer