Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4 LS: I have a 1997 4x4 tahoe 2 door 5.4.

I have a 1997 4x4 tahoe 2 door 5.4. When breaking, I hear a popping noise from the front end. Also when turning left, I hear the popping noise. What is the fix?
this could in fact be many things,,you need to juack up the front and use a pry bar to put pressure on the front suspention parts to see what you see loose...from the way you explaain,,the likley problem is the the lower a-frame bushing[part#6,, need to pry on the parts to see what is giving

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button so I can get credit for my work,, the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP