Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

Chevrolet Blazer 4x4 (Mid Size): Son has 1999 Chevy Blazer

Son has 1999 Chevy Blazer that will just quit while driving down the road. The battery light will come on and then the engine will just shut off but will restart immediately (turns the key off and restarts) He will drive a couple of more miles and it will do the same thing. Both battery and alternator check out fine. This morning he went to the store (about 5 miles) and truck ran fine but turn signal quit working on the way there but started working on his way back home. Seems to be an electrical issue, where should we start looking???
i dont tink it is electricl,and i dont think the dieing problem is related to the signal light not working,,they may be two different may just have a loose signal bulb
as for the engine diesing,,you need to look at two things here,,,you need to test the fuel pressure,these must have no less than 60psi at all times...the fuel pump may be getting hot and sticking
next,you may want to replace the crank sensor,,sometimes,these will break down with heat when they go bad,and,most times,not give a code for it,,when the crank sensor does this,testing it may not help,ssense the problem is intermediate

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button so I can get credit for my work,, the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the information but we found it to be an electrical issue. The negative battery cable (-) was corroded and broken inside the insulation and only making intermittent contact (thus the battery warning light coming on before the engine quit). Turn signal was not just one bulb. When they quit neither the front or back signal (right or left) would work. Once negative cable was replaced, problem has not reoccurred.

Thank you again.