ClayA, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ten years experience, ASE Master and Advanced Level Specialist certifications. 2006 Winner National Ford/AAA Student Auto Skills

Chevrolet Corvette LT4: my 1996 LT4 Corvette with manual 6

my 1996 LT4 Corvette with manual 6 speed transmisson dash warning light triggers and dealer said bad mass air flow meter after 3 meters still throwing light after a few miles of driving. Do you have an idea of what causes the problem? Thanks JP in Oregon
Do you have the check engine light code number?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would suggest first checking for any vacuum leaks. Make sure there are not tears in the intake hose between the throttle body and mass airflow meter (MAF). If there are no vacuum leaks and no tears in the intake hose. Make sure that no wiring to the MAF is damage or rubbed through. Then, I would suggest replacing the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor (MAP Sensor).

Reasoning for replacing the MAP is that the engine compares the map sensor and the maf sensor to each other to determine fueling requirements. They are also used against each other for diagnostic purposes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try the MAP replacement as soon as I get one, from GM. If it does the trick, I will check the happy face, if not I will give you a staight face for trying. Thanks JP

Okay, please let me know if it fixes the vehicle.

Thank you for your business and have a great day.