Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic SS: After replacing my 2 radiator

After replacing my 2 radiator hoses, I poured 1 gallon of water into the tank, and it started pouring out from the water pump, I think. I can't see exactly where it is from, it seems to be coming from somewhere behind the pulley. What could cause this?

I replaced the hoses, because on a 130 mile trip, which I had completed about 90% of, I suddenly got a message that the engine was overheated. I had not gotten any low coolant message before that or anything, and I had completed that same trip in the opposite direction that morning with no issues. I had no clues that it was going to overheat, but I admit I really wasn't watching the temp. gauge as I've never had any issues. When I got to a gas station, I added 1 gallon of 50/50 premix, and started the truck. After a couple of minutes, it started leaking coolant, and I found that it was coming from the upper hose at the intake manifold connection.

The truck is a 2006 Chevy Silverado SS, with the 6L V8 of course.
the water pump has what is called a weep hole is made into the pump and is suppose to leak when the bearing in the pump gos bad,,i would think this is your problem..
you need to replace the water pump
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Any reason the leak from the weep hole didn't happen when I added 1 gallon of 50/50 premix at the gas station? I can't be 100% sure it wasn't there, but I really don't think so.

when these first start to leak,,sometimes the leak isnt bad and the coolant will just evaporate out of the weep hole until it gets worse,,that may be why you didnt notice