Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

my wife 2004 trailblazer low beam headlight(right side) keeps

my wife 2004 trailblazer low beam headlight(right side) keeps going out . some time it works and some times it dont.Whats the problem and how do I fix it
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

The problem is typically bad connections within the bulb socket. The loose connection will have high resistance. The high resistance builds heat and causes the bulbs to fail. You will need to replace the bulb socket and the bulb.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok how big of a job is it to change the bulb socket? does it just unplug and plugs back in or how do you do it?

The bulb sockets unplug from the bulbs, but the other end must be wired in. The new sockets come with about 6" of wire, just cut off the old sockets and connect the wires from the new sockets to the harness. Replacement sockets are around $12. Most parts stores should carry them or you can get them online.

Trailblazer headlamp replacement socket