Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

Chevy Suburban: I am getting too rich errors on bank one and

I am getting too rich errors on bank one and bank two. It is running rough so I am going to put new plugs and wires on it. Could that fix the codes?
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

Rich errors are generally not going to be fixed by replacing the plugs and wires. On this engine the most common cause of a rich condition is leakage of the fuel pressure regulator. The regulator is on the spider injector assembly inside the manifold. Remove the plastic upper intake plenum to access the fuel pressure regulator, it is held onto the spider with a c-clip.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
does it need to be replaced or just the seals on it

Replace the fuel pressure regulator, the unit is not made to be taken apart and serviced.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This one has an aluminum cover, same idea? Also how long should it take to change

Same basic procedure on the one with the aluminum cover. Labor time guide shows 2.2 hours for this job.