Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

Chevrolet Tahoe LT: How can I chk if Im getting fuel to the

How can I chk if I'm getting fuel to the fuel rails/throttle body all of a sudden the Tahoe is cranking over but its like its not getting fuel I'm gonna check the filter tomorrow
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

Do you hear the fuel pump in the tank run for two seconds when the key is turned ON?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yea I hear it....

The next step is to test fuel pressure at the engine. There is a test port on the fuel injector rail at the top of the engine. With a gauge connected to the test port, cycle the key on. You should have 55-62 psi fuel pressure with the key on, engine off. If fuel pressure is lower than specified, the fuel pump will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have a gauge but I pushed the lil needle in and no fuel even came out

If you hear the pump running but have no pressure at the test port, the pump is bad and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I take the fuel filter out n turn the key n see if it pumps fuel out filter might be clogged

You can certainly try the filter. I have seen a clogged filter cause an engine not start before. It is not likely going to fix the problem but worth trying before replacing the pump.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK thx I'll try it

You are welcome. Please keep me posted.