Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

Chevrolet K20 Pickup: is the 6.0 in a 2500hd considered a small

is the 6.0 in a 2500hd considered a small block or big block? does chevy still manufacture two seperate big and small blocks for the trucks?

also do 6.0 have alot of oil leakage problems? and if so, where?
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

The 6.0 engine is considered a small block engine. It is part of the LS family of engines, considered a Gen 3 small block. GM does not manufacture a big block engine for use in its trucks any longer. The 6.0 is not overly prone to oil leaks, but may experience some with age. Most common oil leakage areas are the oil cooler hoses coming off the engine to the radiator. The rear main oil seal and gasket in the rear main seal plate may also leak.