Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.

Chevrolet Colorado Z71: rattling from passenger side undercarriage

rattling from passenger side undercarriage on a 2006 chevy colorado
Hi I’m Tom and I’m here to assist you with your issue today. Before I get you a fully researched answer, I have to ask you a couple preliminary questions.What would you actually like to know I would be glad to help.Ok did you add the washers due to the heat shield being loose or rusted ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i added washers to the heat shield because it was show some signs of cracking and was a fix someone had in the same model of truck. I would like to know where to start looking. I suspect it could be inside the catalytic converter but I don't want to just start changing parts because I do not have the money. I have ruled out many things like bearings and u-joints. ( I hope)

Will I be charged for these replies or just charged for when you have an answer or solution?

Just charged at the end.Do me a favor bang on the converter with a rubber mallet if you here the noise the converter is the issue if not that heat shield needs to be removed I have fixed many of these rattles when removing that damaged heat shield and it will be perfectly safe as well.These are the next steps for this issue.Remember that I'm here if you need any further assistance just let me know it will be for no further charge. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.