Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Technician
Experience:  25 years automotive experience, Certified Subaru Tech and Nissan factory trained.

Chevrolet K3500 4x4: I have a 1994 chevy 3500 with a 5 the

I have a 1994 chevy 3500 with a 5 the clutch goes in and out of gear fine, but when I let the clutch out to take off I have a lot of chatter ... Could that be from air i n the slave cylinder or line or does it need a clutch replacement ??
Hello and thank you for your question today!
Clutch chatter or judder is caused by hot spots on the flywheel and the pressure plate. To solve the issue the flywheel will need to be resurfaced or replaced and probably the pressure plate. Bleeding the system will not affect this at all.
It's likely time for a clutch replacement. Even if the disc is good, when you are in there to service the flywheel, you will want to do the pressure plate and clutch at the same time to save labor.
Hope this helps!
Please be sure to let me know if you need further assistance, if not, then please be sure to rate my answer.If you got here with the free trial, you still have to rate, you will not be charged.
Thank You