Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master, L1, 32 years, Diagnostic / Electrical Specialist
13677702

CHEVY AVEO: ON A 04 CHEVY AVEO WHAT IS THE LOCATION OF THE

ON A 04 CHEVY AVEO WHAT IS THE LOCATION OF THE OIL PRESSURE SWITCH
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name isXXXXX will do my best to assist you.
the sender is on the backside of the engine. more to front of engine and not at rear of engine or around or above the starter
the only 2 things i can come up with in that area? valve cover gasket or , ( have to mention) a headgasket
the oil snder would leak down at front of engine persay,it is down low fornt of engine near pulley. You can see the pulley in the picture
I would consider possibly inspecting the valve cover gasket

Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE Master, L1, 32 years, Diagnostic / Electrical Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI RANDALL THANKS FOR ANSWER ON SWITCH THAT'S NOT PROBLEM. I DID OIL CHANGE 4 QT'S OIL NO SIGN OF LEAK, SO I'M RUNNING ENGINE AND WAITING FOR LEAK TO START. FURTHER INFO A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO I HAD A TIMING BELT CHANGED THIS IS AN INTERFERENCE ENGINE SO THERE WERE PROBLEMS.

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Understood, However still goes back to possible valve cover gasket, they do leak at times or,, the headgasket near the oil channel. I only mention this not to say it is major but only to list as a possible. I can not think of anyhting up high of starter other than mentioned
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ANY DECENT WAY OF CHECKING THERE IS A BIG PLASTIC SHROUD ON TOP OF THE ENGINE CAN I REMOVE IT TO CHECK?

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
yes,, it is only cosmetic per say, remove that cover. Anything you can move or emove to gain access, This is all that can be done
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm back OK oil change done no sign of antifreeze 4 of the bolts on the backside of the valve cover were about 1/2 turn loose I tightened them up my question is with no antifreeze in oil could the valve. Cover gasket still be bad and head gasket ok

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
yes and no. it does not work that way. hard to explain but.. most thinkheadgasket and coolant in oil go hand in hand? that is NOt the case.
It all depends where the headgasket break is. it could be anywhere. I am saying that oil flow ports also go through the head so oil can get to top of engine.
eports are VERY close to the edge of the headgsaket so.. lets us say you have a bad headgsaket and the break is very near or at an oil port? oil will externally leak from the headgasket but not affect running , cooling and you will not get coolant in the oil
I am saying that a headgaskt is posisble but,, begine with valve gover gakset well ahead of all the work for headgasket as it may be that simple of fix