Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

Chevy Traverse LT2: I have a 2009 Traverse LT2 that the air

I have a 2009 Traverse LT2 that the air will only come out of the floor vent. I move the switch to top vents and nothing, the rear unit works fine and is the only way I can drive here in Texas and be somewhat cool. Any advice would be appreciated.

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much info and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

When the air flow will not switch direction according to the control panel selection, this is most commonly due to a faulty Mode Door Actuator Motor. This actuator is when "turns" the door inside the HVAC housing to redirect air flow. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Remove the Actuator and inspect the mount on the housing for any broken parts. If the visual insepction checks ok, replace the Actuator. To gain proper access, remove the passenger's side silencer panel (the one right above where the passenger's feet would be) and removing the glove box helps a great deal as well.
graphic

If you have no further questions at this time, Please remember to RATE YOUR Q&A EXPERIENCE TODAY! Your input is very important to us! Please make sure to leave a RATING! Thank-You!

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm always happy to answer follow-up questions!

Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience: 18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again! Ron Z here.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~ Do you still need more help?
~ Confused by my info request or answer?
~ Need more time?
~ Confused on how the site works?
~ Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

Thanks,
-Ron Z
Your input is very important to us! Please make sure to leave a RATING! Thank-You!