Neal, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Owner and Mechanic on multiple makes.

GM lumina car: Body work/damage question - slow rear end collision

Body work/damage question - slow rear end collision (front of my car) seems to have bent the top support beam that goes from fender to fender holding the radiator, hood latch etc. I have removed the damaged pieces and loosened the 2 brackets diagonally on the side as well as both engine mounts/supports. Is there any way to straighten that piece? It appears to be bowed about an inch to 1.5 inches.

Hello I'm Neal and I am here to help resolve your issue. If I cannot help I will opt out and refer your question to another expert.

You can try a come-along on it if it is still well supported in the car, sometimes it works and will get it close to original. Usually it will not go quite back all the way without creasing as the metal usually stretches.