ZZDaryl
ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

Chevrolet Impala: Why does my 2012 imp make a rattling noise

Why does my 2012 imp make a rattling noise in the exhaust on the right side until it warms for a few minutes. It is 3.6 direct fuel injection. Only dose this when cold as first start of the day
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your problem. If this is near the engine its very common for the catalytic converter to do this, I would get it too the dealer to be sure its the problem the catalytic converters have a 100,000 mile warranty so if that is the case they should replace it for free(assuming the mileage is lower than that). This is caused because things shrink and expand depending on the temp so when the part is getting warm it is getting tighter so the noise stops. Let me know if you have more questions on this I am always willing to help, Thanks.

Thanks for the rating and bonus I really appreciate it. Please be sure to come back and use JustAnswer for all of the questions you may have, Thanks