Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Z71: does the crankshaft position sensor

does the crankshaft position sensor need to be callibrated to the engine when a new one is installed 2002 chevy suburban 5.3
hi
yes.you need to do a
Variation Learn Procedure when you replace the crank sensor

please copy and paste the link below to your browser..i have uploaded more info on this there

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1y3zkvesp16hnk/0614-chevy-suburban-REMOVAL%20PROCEDURE.doc

.

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button so I can get credit for my work,, the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou for the info I found it myself a few minutes ago but will go ahead and give you the 3 stars. I wish my mechanic had told me this before I changed it I live in nowhere and have to go to work at 3 am or I'll get canned looks like I'll be walking to work

you are very welcome
thanks