Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet Avalanche 1500: I have a 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche and after starting the vehicle I have a rattling noise in the starter area. However when I accelerate the noise keep pace with acceleration. What can this be?
hi
it is possible for it to be the starter ,,the sping could be broken on the starter abindix causing it to bounce off of the flywheel..but..the likley problem would be the flywheel itself..it may be cracked lthus causing the rattling sound...also,it could be a simple fix such as a loose torqe converter bolt..
these are the three things you will need to check
thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert how often would you say a Ithus goes bad on this type vehicle and what would be a guestimate on cost to me to repair? I am hoping it is the starter, :-).

well
none of this is real common,,but does happen.
the cost would depend on the repair needed...
i would hope it is a loose converter bolt,,thats the easy fix
..
but,,if the flex plate/flywheel is cracked..it may cost...because the transmission will need to be removed to replace it....this could take 4 hours,,price would depend on how much your shop will charge per hour
thanks