Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.
3827149

Chevrolet 2005K20 Pickup: 2005 chevy truck 1/2 ton v6 engine

2005 chevy truck 1/2 ton v6 engine the alt is not working right or something i need help. it shows 14 volts when you start out if drive 5 or more miles it starts to go lower on volts to 11.8 ?
Hi I’m Tom and I’m here to assist you with your issue today. Before I get you a fully researched answer, I have to ask you a couple preliminary questions.Is sounds like the voltage regulator has failed internally in the alternator has this been checked?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i changed the alt and it has the same problem, ididnt check the second alt . put it was also checked on a machine at a shop. he said there is something in the truck cause it works with compuert?

Ok they did not check the second alternator which can very well be the issue how come?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that second alt was tested and it puts out on the machine and in the truck keeps going down as you drive. it sarts out good and later goes down and we have a new battery in also?

Ok are there any added aftermarket electronics added to the vehicle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no its aplane two work tr just radio only noting more. but it has that wire connecter by battery and it looks good at the connecter. so this is power by the pcm right?

Correct .It can very well be a ground or PCM issue and I would start there next .Have you looked into this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok i would take time check it out thank you .get back later today maybe >

Ok let me know I will be here when you need me.Remember Im here if you need any further assistance for anything at all it will be for no further charge.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.