Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.
3827149

2007 Uplander extended vanI had a leaking rear shock and self leveling

2007 Uplander extended van
I had a leaking rear shock and self leveling sensor was broken. Repairs were done.
I had noticed this noise before and still after.
Sounds like a low groaning noise when driving, any ideas as to what to look at? [email protected]
Hi I’m Tom and I’m here to assist you with your issue today. Before I get you a fully researched answer, I have to ask you a couple preliminary questions.Does the noise increase with the speed of the vehicle ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, stays the same.
DOes it sound like the pump is actually running and not stopping?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not sure do you mean the fuel pump?
No the pump for the air suspension?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't think so , answer to your question.
IS it more noticeable over bumps like suspension related?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
not at all, just stays the same, a low groaning noise. Everyone thought it was my winter tires, and I had them changed over to my all season, but the noise still there. The mechanic who replaced the shocks and sensor, didn't notice anything or see anything wrong when up on the hoist.
Ok have they checked the front wheel bearings ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no, but I had thought it might be something like that. Should I get that checked?
Yes that can very well be the issue I would definately have that checked next for this issue .Remember Im here if you need any further assistance for anything at all it will be for no further charge.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Good job! The noise almost sounds like the vehicle is in low gear, but its not, if that makes any sense for the type of sound I hear. Any other spot to look, please feel free to email me [email protected]
Ok they can also check the transfer case and transmission to rule it out also .Im here if you need me .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay, take care and thank you.
Anytime ,best of luck.