Pete, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet S-10: Does the cruise control connection just pry

Does the cruise control connection just pry off the throttle linkage? The alldata diagram shows this but mine's not coming right off. Sure don't want to break anything, it's just a little plastic thing. thanks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to try and assist you with this.I may need more info in some cases to help with answering your question.

On some of these you rotate the throttle by hand then push the cable connection slightly to release it from the post it is connected to on the throttle body and on others there may be a small plastic tab you pop up on the plastic connection that connects to the cable and throttle body then the cable will pop off.

graphic

If it looks like the picture posted above if you see the hole on the left side and then just a little further forward of this hole on the outside of this plastic piece you can see the plastic circlip tab,you carefully pop this tab outwards a little at the same time pulling off the cable.Once off make sure this circlip tab is pushed back into place then the calbe snaps right back onto the throttle body.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Mechanic
Experience: 14 years GM dealer Technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pete having trouble getting the circlip to move over little stop on a sort of guide that runs in a groove on the threaded part that the cable runs through. The connector pictured is the one on mine. Thanks

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
It doesnt come off completely just lifts up and moves up slightly so the cable can be pulled off.Usually I use a thin pick to do this and it can be a pain in some cases.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey Pete I got it! Put a piece of wire under one side and a compass point (like the kind you draw circles with) under the other and pried with a screwdriver blade gently and off it came. The circlip went back in its place so I don't think I'll have any trouble getting it back on. Now for the fun part- getting the CSEFI unit and the intake manifold off so I can replace the gaskets. Thank you so much!

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks Pete