BOBBYSS, Master Technician

Chevrolet Silverado 1500: how can I improve the gas mileage

how can I improve the gas mileage for my 2009 texas edition Silverado?

Hello, and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help you. If I am not online when you are, please allow me time to return. Can you tell me if the vehicle is all stock?

Customer: Forget about in man i have already replied twice that it is all stock and i keep getting the same reply back. This is crap and i want my money back
There was an issue with our chat session. It was not allowing any posts to occur. If you would still like some help this will work much better. I would like for you to leave here with a positive experience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

two wheel drive ,5.3 liter, texas edition Silverado. traction control is 100% stock ,53000 miles and getting a little over 13 mpg

Thank you for the information. Again, let me apologize for the delay in this diagnostic. I do need to know one more thing and I will let you know what you need to do. How many miles are on the vehicle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
53000 miles
Thank you. Since you do not have that many miles on the vehicle then you do not need to worry about changing any sensors to help improve it. If you want to improve the mileage you need to make the engine more efficient. To do this you need to add a cold air intake and a free flowing exhaust system. These will help you gain about 2-4 miles per gallon. If you want to gain even more there are some computer programmers out there that can also help. I can give you some recommendations on brands if you would like.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Your recomendations would be welcome. By the way the communication issues we had were my fault so please accept my apologies, did not mean to be rude
No problem. I did not take it as rude. As for my recommendations, the intake I recommend is a K&N Cold Air Intake, I would go with a high flow exhaust from a company like Magnaflow, and if you go with a programmer the best one for mileage is the Hypertech ECon programmer. Now keep in mind that if you continue to drive the vehicle the way you do not you will see an increase in mileage. If you start driving the vehicle harder because of the increase in performance you will not see that increase in mileage.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does the traction control make a difference in mileage? I mean it is not really needed under normal conditions

No. The traction control will not affect the MPG of your vehicle. It will not make it better or worse.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes and thanks for the info
No problem. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.