autodoc_2000, Auto Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech W/Advanced Engine Performance

chevy trailblaser: 2003 chevy trailblazerXXXXX6cyl,

2003 chevy trailblazerXXXXX6cyl, put it in park and now it won,t come out. Is there something electrical causing this. I haven't had this problem before.
Do your brake lights come on when you step on the brake? If not you may have a bad brake light switch. If they do come on the problem is more than likely in the shift interlock system. Let me know if the brake lights are coming on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes brake lights come on

Ok let me check on this for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will be waiting. had to leave the vehicle 40 miles away just need to know if i can fix on spot or have it towed

No matter what the console will need to be removed in order to test the solenoid and the wiring. Some of these you can turn the key to where the steering wheel is unlocked but no lights on the dash and it will allow the shifter to be moved. If it moves you can then start it in neutral and go. If that does not work you will need to remove the console and look for a solenoid down in the shifter. You should be able to move the solenoid by hand which will allow you to move the shifter. You will also need to unplug the solenoid and check to see if you have power to the solenoid when you are stepping on the brake pedal. If you have power you will need to replace the shifter assy. If you do not have power the brake light switch will need replaced.