Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

Chevrolet K2500 4x4: My heater blower does not work in my 1997

My heater blower does not work in my 1997 chevy 3/4 ton pick up.
How do I figure out what the problem is?
It was working intermittently for a long time and now it has finally quit.
I swapped out the heater fan switch in the consol and then also tried the blower motor resistor using used parts from a friends parts truck. Also checked the 50 amp fuse in the fuze box under the hood. Not sure where to go from here.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

Don't Forget, the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service, and not this website itself or your vehicle.

Turn the key on and the blower on and tap on the blower motor housing under the passenger side of the dash. Does this make the blower work?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes when I tapped on the blower motor it did start up. I did have to give it a whack with my fist

The blower motor brushes are worn. The blower motor will need to be replaced to fix your problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do you get the blower cover off? I can't get at a screw on the front of the blower cover that holds the bottom part of the ecm mount.

what is the procedure to get this thing out.

Take the bolt out of the lower corner of the dash, they pry the dash bracket over the pin adjacent to the bolt for extra clearance. (move bottom of dash toward seat) You will need the extra room when pulling the blower motor anyways.