Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

s10 chevy blazer: set timing on a 1998 4.3 vortec

Customer Question

set timing on a 1998 4.3 vortec
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 4 years ago.
hi
please explain what you are doing..
do you need to install the distributer?
tell me all you can
thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, i need to install it properly.

thanks,

mike

ok

You need to take out the #1 plug,,,hold your finger on the plug hole..have your help to bump

the starter till you feel air[compression]start to come out of the hole....then hand turn the engine until the mark on the harmonic balancer is on [o]..now you have the #1 piston up on the compression stroke...now,install the distributer to where the rotor is pointing to the #1 plug wire terminal...now it is in time

thanks

Zoom and Print Options

66_gcfotv6-003.png

to me,,the proceedure above is the best way..

i will also give you other proceedures..please copy and paste the link below into your browser

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0k8vg3zgne5n9yl/1202-98%20blazer.doc

if that link doesnt work,,try it this way

www.dropbox.com/s/0k8vg3zgne5n9yl/1202-98%20blazer.doc

thanks

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button, so I can get credit for my work,,the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate,,.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP