Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

CHEVROLET HHR: iget code P0010 IT READS CAMSHAFT POSITION

iget code P0010 IT READS CAMSHAFT POSITION ACTUATOR BANK 1 MAL FUNCTION

WHAT SHOULD I DO???
Welcome! I'm Ron Z! Make sure to use Reply if needed! And PLEASE remember to RATE my answer at the end!

Can you give me engine size?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

2.2L

Thanks!

The P0010 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a fault with the Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid. If you have access to an Ohms meter, you can give this a quick verify. Unplug the electrical connector, and take a reading across the blades on the Solenoid. If the resistance is not between 8-12 ohms, replace the solenoid. If you do not have access to an Ohms meter, carefully inspect the electrical connector to the solenoid for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, then most commonly, replacing the solenoid solves the problem. The solenoid is located on the top of the engine. You will need to remove the air cleaner assembly to gain access (#4 in image below):
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i dindt find the selonoid neiter the auto parts store cand you sendme a part number or a picture or be more specific how to replaceit im not a mecanic i just traind to save some money by not going to the dealer

The "picture" of the location was provided above (#4 with the red arrow). Click "view full image" on the image above to get a pop-up window with a close-up view. For some odd reason, the GM parts catalogue is not providing a part# (weird). But you can order one from the Dealer using "Camshaft Position (CMP) Actuator Solenoid-Intake"