Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

chevy uplander: 2006 Chevy Uplander Sliding Door will not stop

2006 Chevy Uplander Sliding Door will not stop alarming, can i pull a fuse to kill the alarm?

I've got PSD Fuse #21 15a and LH-PSD Fuse #24 40a in the fuse Block I/P for the Left Door Motor.

I've got the same PSD Fuse #21 15a and RH-PSD Fuse #25 40 a in the fuse Block I/P for the Right Door Motor.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I tried pulling the fuses but the dinging continued, is there another fuse box besides the on in the engine?

Yes, the one I said, the I/P fuse block.

The instrument panel fuse block is located at the right end of the instrument panel, on the passenger’s side of the vehicle. Open the front passenger’s door, and remove the cover, to access the fuse block.

Fuse #21 is for power sliding doors. Fuse #24 is for the left and fuse #25 for the right power sliding door.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i found it as soon as i sent the note, sorry. I pulled the fuses but the dinging still continued, do you have any other thoughts?

You pulled all 3 and left them out? Are you sure it's the sliding door causing the alarm?

Try the Trunk/LKS Fuse #1, it's for the theft and sliding door ajar.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

still on luck, it keeps dinging every time it is is gear

Sorry, I fell alseep early last nite. Well, you could always just pull every fuse, one at a time. Are you sure it's the sliding door causing it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it's not the seatbelts, it only happens when the van is in drive or reverse not park? any other suggestions to try

Check the computer codes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we are not getting any error messages no door ajar nothing just the dinging

And you are absolutely sure it's the door that is causing it?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it has been the problem in the past, do you have any other things I can try or check to see if that is the issue?

Perhaps a better approach would be o try to fix the problem, instead of just removing a fuse. I'll see if I can find any tsb's on the subject and try the diagnostics section in the manual for the sliding door. One question, is it the right or left sliding door?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

both were used when the dinging started so i don't know which one would be the cause

I found one tsb,

The warning chime sounds when the vehicle is placed into gear.
Verify that the power sliding door has not lost the learned open/closed position. With the Tech 2 updated with software version 25.009 or later, go into the Power Sliding Door menu and verify the "Open/Closed position learned" status. If either of the doors show "No", the door will have to be relearned. The power sliding door fuse will have to be removed and then restored. Open and close the power sliding doors twice with the overhead or "B" pillar switch to relearn the position. If the door reverses and/or stops prior to completing the two cycles, the procedure will need to
be repeated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Great! So I guess you knew where the overhead or "B" pillar switch was. Do you accept my answer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I do, thank you