GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.

Chevrolet S10 4x4: 2002 chevrolet S10 security system shut

Customer Question

2002 chevrolet S10 security system shut off fuel pump, how do you reset fuel pump?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Hello, I'm Cam.

GM Tech (Cam) :

There is no reset for the fuel pump, so how long does it run for when it does run?

Customer :

it doesn't start

GM Tech (Cam) :

Ok, do you hare the fuel pump in the tank, even for 2 seconds after turnign the key on?

Customer :

no

GM Tech (Cam) :

Ok, when did you last change the fuel filter?

Customer :

The truck sat for a week while I was gone when I returned the battery was dead I charged the battery and the truck started , the next morning it would not start it is not getting any fuel, the truck ran fine prior to this.

GM Tech (Cam) :

OK, lets go through a couple things. First does the check engine light come on when you turn the key on?

Customer :

no

Customer :

no!

GM Tech (Cam) :

ok, that is a problem. is there a remote starter installed?

Customer :

yes

GM Tech (Cam) :

ok check the wiring at the base of the column where the remote starter goes into wiring and look for damage to those connections.

Customer :

I know it is not getting any gas--

GM Tech (Cam) :

But let me outline this.

GM Tech (Cam) :

the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) controls the relay for the fuel pump.

GM Tech (Cam) :

The ingition switch powers the Powertrain Control Module (PCM)

GM Tech (Cam) :

With no check engine light on the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) is not getting power and will no turn the pump relay on.

Customer :

what if I disconnect the remote start module

GM Tech (Cam) :

Lets simply try this first, jump the red to the pink on the main ignition harness and see if the check engine light comes on.

GM Tech (Cam) :

WE need to take the logical steps to find this. What you have told me suggests we need to look at the ingition switch and wiring first.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Is there more I can get you?