Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Chevrolet Venture: 1998 chevy venture van stalls when I move

1998 chevy venture van stalls when I move the turn signal switch l or r
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. This usually means the ignition switch is failing, it cannot handle the extra power being drawn through it for signals. Moniter voltage on 10 amp ELEK IGN fuse located in fusebox under hood during problem, if voltage drops when using singal/vehicle stalling replace the ignition switch. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok I found the fuse is not a 10 amp its a 15 amp fuse

Ok, moniter voltage to see if it drops when engine stalls, if so replace ignition switch. Let me know how it goes or if you run into questions. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok one other thing after it stalls in will not start right back up and I have dim lights on dash if any at all and there is a ticking comming from undre dash

This would still be caused by the ignition switch, once it overheats it does not pass electricity like it should then works again once it cools down. But you will moniter voltage on fuse to verify it drops before replacing. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I cant get it to start at all to day it did start yester day
I check for a volttage drop and I have no voltage on that fuse

If that fuse does not have voltage at all with key on then this pretty much means ignition switch is bad. Access ignition switch, both red and pink wires should have voltage with key in on position, if only the red wire has voltage replace ignition switch. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you it is fixed good job

Good to hear its up and working now. Thanks for update and have a great night.