Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Chevrolet Equinox LT: How do I replace the horn on a 2005

How do I replace the horn on a 2005 equinox? fuses and relay are ok. Is it best to go from under the car or do I need to remove the head light and grill?

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. The actual horn or the horn switch? Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The actual horn. Fuse and relay are ok. I can hear a click when I press the horn on the steering wheel. Figured it was the actual horn that was bad. So I'm not sure if I should go after it from under the car or remove the headlight and grill.

At horn make sure dark green wire has power when horn is pressed and black wire should have ground, if both are good replace the horn. Here are replacement instructions, let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help, thanks.