no..this model doesnt need to be reprogramed...
the motor should come preset to where it needs to be..
this should help
| ||1999 Chevy Truck K 1500 Truck 4WD V8-5.3L |
| ||Transfer Case Service and Repair, Procedures: New Venture 241, 243 and Borg-Warner 4401, 4470, On-Vehicle Service, Motor/Encoder Replacement (Selectable 4WD) |
| || || || |
1. Remove the transfer case
2. Remove the transfer case wiring harness
connectors from the motor/Encoder.
3. Remove the four bolts that secure the motor/Encoder to the transfer case.INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
1. Install the with a motor/Encoder.
2. Install the four bolts securing the motor/Encoder to the transfer case.
- Tighten the motor/Encoder bolts to 25 Nm (18 ft. lbs.)
- Remove all gasket material remaining from the motor/Encoder.
- Ensure the motor/Encoder aligns properly with the transfer case interior shifting components.
- Align the motor/Encoder mating surface detent with the transfer case mating surface detent.
3. Install the wiring harness connectors to the motor/Encoder.
4. Install the transfer case shield. Refer to Shield Replacement.
5. Perform a functional test on the electronic shift select system in order to test the motor/Encoder. Refer to Transfer Case Functional Test