Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

How do I remove the starter from a Chevrolet 1993 S10 4x4 4.3-L

How do I remove the starter from a Chevrolet 1993 S10 4x4 4.3-L with manual transmission? It's easy to unbolt it but impossible to get it out!!

Thanks for using J/A / Pearl
My answer is below.

Please understand, the site makes me post the following:

"Please only rate my answer if you are satisfied with the service I have provided.
If you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have, because this will result in a negative mark on my feedback record.
I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Instead, please simply reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT link with the issue you have.
I am happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek."
My answer may not be to your liking, but is a correct & honest answer.
Many times the only fix will be by Dealer or Shop, so please do not hold that against me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is over a 2 hour job

here is Chevrolet procedures

Disconnect Negative battery cable.
Disconnect Engine mounts and raise the engine.
Support engine.
Disconnect Transmission mount and support the transmission assembly.
Remove Starter to engine bolts.
Rotate the starter for access.

Disconnect Wires from the solenoid.
Remove Starter from the vehicle.

If you need further, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer...............

If not, you must Rate my answer for me to recieve some compensation, as that is how a recieve a small portion of the Deposit................thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Whoa! - actually have to disconnect Engine mounts and raise the engine, and then disconnect Transmission mount and support the transmission assembly ...

I need some elaboration on how to do that please!

I answered your original question..............

here is more info

graphic

you can likely get it from there

also, you may be able to remove thru the wheel area

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for that; please elaborate on "Disconnect Transmission mount and support the transmission assembly":

Is Chevy referring to "disconnecting" the tranny from the engine, or actually other tranny-mounts to the frame?

Mounts..........
I do not have that procedure, but all you need to do is remove the bolts from the Trans Mounts & support the Trans

You may want to try removing starter once the engine is loose