Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.

Chevrolet s10: 2ooo chevy s10 has no power to fuel pump,has

2ooo chevy s10 has no power to fuel pump,has new pump has thl control by-passed,and new fuse relay
Is there power present at the relay, and does the relay click on for 2 seconds when you turn the key ON?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the relay clicks i can,t say if it clcks for 2sec
OK, but it clicks ON and then OFF a short time after key ON, that's really what I'm driving at. This indicates that the PCM is attempting to control the relay circuit, so that's a good thing.

Let me attach a copy of the schematic so we can both be working from the same document.

Object Number: 544687

ECM-B fuse has to be good. I would check this with a test light and make sure there is power at both sides of the fuse. It should be hot at all times, as indicated above.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have ckd power at fuse and ok. put test light at fuel pump has power 4 a sec when turning key on & off. does oxygen sensor have anything to do with this?
It should have power for 2 seconds when you turn the key on. In that regard, it's working the way it's supposed to.

It doesn't get power again until you crank the engine. Check it for power while you have someone crank it, and that circuit should be lit up.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i havn't ckd for power when cranking but the truck won't start. it will run on starting fluid. would it be just a bad fuel pump?
It absolutely could be a bad fuel pump. "New" is not equal to "good".
We can't transact via email (violation of user agreement) but you can follow up here at any time. I'll get email notification that you've responded, and I'll follow up with you forthwith.