Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

need a diagram for a 1993 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4.3 Vortec W Vin.

Customer Question

need a diagram for a 1993 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4.3 Vortec W Vin. Need to find intake diagram
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
please explain,,,do you want a wiring diagrm?
or..intake manifold removal?
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need a diagram of the intake and the electronic connections hooked up to the intake. I do not know what they are called. It was running fine but the fuel pump was getting loud. I did not know that a bad fuel pressure regulator whould cause the pump to get loud so I put in a new fuel pump, new fuel sending unit, new fuel filter, new fuel relay switch and a new fuel pressure regulator. It willl start if you hold you hand over the throtle intake and as soon as you remove you hand it dies. It has alot of pressure. I'm getting fuel into the intake but can't keep it running so the only other thing I can think of is one of the electric units on top of the intake is not working, I know one of them is the air controler but do not know what any of the others is called.

Thank You

i would think you are refering to the metering body[spider]..
this may help you
thanks

IN W ENGINE

See Figures 21, 22 and 23

If only the upper intake manifold is being removed, the fuel system pressure does not need to be released. ALWAYS release the pressure before disconnecting any fuel lines.

1. Remove the plastic cover, then properly relieve the fuel system pressure and disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Drain the engine cooling system, then remove the air cleaner and air inlet duct.
  3. Disengage the wiring harness from the necessary upper intake components including:
  4. Throttle Position (TP) sensor
  5. Idle Air Control (IAC) motor
  6. Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor
  7. Intake Manifold Tuning Valve (IMTV)
  8. Disengage the throttle linkage from the upper intake manifold, then remove the ignition coil.
  9. Disconnect the PCV hose at the rear of the upper intake manifold, then tag and disengage the vacuum hoses from both the front and rear of the upper intake.
  10. Remove the upper intake manifold bolts and studs, making sure to note or mark the location of all studs to assure proper installation. Remove the upper intake manifold from the engine.
  11. If equipped with the High Energy Ignition system, disengage the distributor wiring and matchmark the distributor, then remove the assembly from the engine.
  12. Disconnect the upper radiator hose at the thermostat housing and the heater hose at the lower intake manifold.
  13. Disconnect the fuel supply and return lines at the rear of the lower intake manifold.
  14. Remove the pencil brace (A/C compressor bracket-to-lower intake manifold).
  15. Disengage the wiring harness connectors from the necessary lower intake components including:
  16. Fuel injector
  17. Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve
  18. Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor
  19. Remove the lower intake manifold retaining bolts, then remove the manifold from the engine.
G : Fig. 21: Exploded view of the intake manifold assembly - 4.3L VIN W engine

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

FIG : Fig. 22: Lower intake manifold torque sequence - 4.3L VIN W engine

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

FIG : Fig. 23: Upper intake manifold torque sequence - 4.3L VIN W engine

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

To install:

1. Using a putty knife, carefully clean the gasket mounting surfaces. Be sure to inspect the manifold for warpage and/or cracks; if necessary, replace it.
  2. Position the new gaskets to the cylinder head with the port blocking plates to the rear and the "this side up" stamps facing upward, then apply a 3 / 16 in. (5mm) bead of RTV sealant to the front and rear of the engine block at the block-to-manifold mating surface. Extend the bead 1 / 2 in. (13mm) up each cylinder head to seal and retain the gaskets.
  3. Install the lower intake manifold taking care not to disturb the gaskets, then tighten the manifold retainers to 35 ft. lbs. (48 Nm) using the proper torque sequence.
  4. Engage the wiring harness to the lower manifold components, including the injector, EGR valve and ECT sensor.
  5. Install the pencil brace to the A/C compressor bracket and the lower intake manifold.
  6. Connect the fuel supply and return lines to the rear of the lower intake. Temporarily reconnect the negative battery cable, then pressurize the fuel system (by cycling the ignition without starting the engine) and check for leaks. Disconnect the negative battery cable and continue installation.
  7. Connect the heater hose to the lower intake and the upper radiator hose to the thermostat housing.
  8. Align the matchmarks and install the distributor assembly, then engage the wiring.
  9. Position a new upper intake manifold gasket on the engine, making sure the green sealing lines are facing upward.
  10. Install the upper intake manifold being careful not to pinch the fuel injector wires between the manifolds.
  11. Install the manifold retainers, making sure the studs are properly positioned, then tighten them using the proper sequence to 124 inch lbs. (14 Nm).
  12. Connect the PCV hose to the rear of the upper intake manifold and the vacuum hoses to both the front and rear of the manifold assembly.
  13. Connect the throttle linkage to the upper intake, then install the ignition coil.
  14. Engage the necessary wiring to the upper intake components including the TP sensor, IAC motor, MAP sensor and the IMTV.
  15. Install the plastic cover, the air cleaner and air inlet duct.
  16. Connect the negative battery cable, then properly refill the engine cooling system.

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button, so I can get credit for my work,,the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP