Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
15218643

Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD LT: how do I replace the rear rotors

how do I replace the rear rotors on my chevy silverado 3500hd dually 2008
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Anthony replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Welcome to justanswer!

These are a little tricky. First remove the axle then the bearing nut then you press all the studs out. Then with a stud installer, you put the studs back into the bub and rotor. The procedures are below. You can skip on the bearings if they look ok. a Stud installer is a must for this job.

Click Here For PDF File Download

Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
unable to down load the pdf file can you send it another way
Expert:  Anthony replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. the file is too big to upload it here. Try it again, it works. Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
unable to get the file to down load any other suggestions? also any suggestions on methods used to press the studs out reincert them if I don't have a press or stud installer?
Expert:  Anthony replied 2 years ago.
Hello!

The studs hammer out. Generally if you don't have a press, you cant re use the studs. As for installing them, you have to use a stud installer. The tool is nothing other than a real big lug nut with a washer. No way to do it without that. I can have a moderator email you the file, will that work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes thank you
Expert:  Anthony replied 2 years ago.
No problem. I put in the request about 10 minutes ago. It may be a little while before they get it over to you but they will email it for sure. Sorry for any confusion or waiting. I tried my best to get it right to you.
Expert:  Anthony replied 2 years ago.
Hello!

They cant send it. What happens when you click on the link?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it's trying to down load but it just acts like it is down loading but never stops, I left it for like a half an hour and nothing.

Expert:  Anthony replied 2 years ago.
Try another computer. Its a very simple file and any computer can view it.