Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

Chevrolet Corvette LT1: ABS SERVICE ACTIVE handling light stay

ABS SERVICE ACTIVE handling light stay on 2000 Corvette

you stated that it was serviced at the dealership. did they scan the computer for stored fault codes? If so, do you know what they are?

Were any repairs done to correct it and what were they?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
They were baffled gave me a new gas cap and were on their way! Still not fixed
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no repairs were done to correct the problem to my knowledge they did not run a scan or find any issue

They gave you a new gas cap for the ABS warning light being on?

That is not being baffled, that is not even trying as a gas cap has zero to do the the active traction control or anti-lock braking systems

Ok, the ABS light and Active service lights come on when a fault is detected by the ABS control module in the ABS system. This is usually due to a faulty left or right rear wheel speed sensor, short in wiring harness to them, or possibly a faulty control module.

If you have a voltmeter I can tell you what to check on the wheel speed sensors to test them, as well as check for shorts in wiring harness.

Otherwise, a shop will need to scan the control module for the fault codes which will tell the tech where the fault is. Any independent shop that does general and brake repairs can do this. It doesnt have to be by a dealership

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE , however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you