Til Forrer
Til Forrer, Chevy Technician
Experience:  17years experiance , 7 ASE's including L1 100%certifyed in multiple GM fields
42353514

Chevrolet Cobalt LT: 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt 2.2 P0010

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt 2.2 P0010

I have an error code for the camshaft position sensor. I understand it may be necessary to replace the intake and exhaust solenoids and clean the screens. Is it necessary to pull the valve cover and injectors to do this.

Hello , I will do what i can to answer your Question but remember I'm not there so be as specific as you can ...this is a very typical problem with the new cobalts, all you have to do is remove the engine cover if it has one and you will see the intake and exhaust cam solenoids pointing straight up on the valve cover towards the passenger side of the engine . just remove the electrical connector and remove the 10mm bolt for the actuator and pull it out with a pair of pliers, . its pretty easy to do and should take about 30 minutes or so . i hope this helps,